Fair Maidens' Purity Study
Many churches provide "True Love Waits" or a similar series on remaining pure until marriage. This class helps young women study more deeply what biblical courtship looks like, what emotional purity requires, what to look for in a future husband, what modesty means, and what skills they need to pursue while they wait for God to bring their future mate to them.
Example of Weekly Class Syllabus:
- 1- PERSONAL PURITY - how to create your own ketubah (covenant); a woman after God's own heart
- 2 - PUBLIC PURITY - modesty & our closets / priorities
- 3 - THE MODESTY SURVEY
- 4 - EMOTIONAL PURITY - guarding your heart & right relationships at the right times in your life, becoming mature
- 5 - PHYSICAL PURITY - not explicit, just principles from God's word about romance and passion vs. biblical love & relationships
- 6 - COURTSHIP-- moms share their stories & give wisdom from their hearts
- 7 - KNIGHTS IN SHINING ARMOR - what to look for in a suitor, danger signs, how to know when you are ready
- 8 - BEAUTY - nutrition, posture, hair & nails, skin, etiquette
- 9 - PREPARE & PRACTICE - hope chests, homemaking skills, family roles & responsibilities, bring something to share that each maiden is "good" at making/doing
- 10 - BIBLICAL DATING - taking courtship or betrothal into the modern world - stages, parental roles, what to look for in a future mate, purposes for marriage
- 11 - PLANNING THE CELEBRATION - learning the Braveheart dance, order of ceremony, review & sharing each others' Torah, Psalms, & Prophets' portions
- 12 - FINAL PREPARATIONS - dress rehearsal for dance, gathering supplies, pictures for PowerPoint, etc.